25.3.11

Hold on Japan Day14 24/3/2011 - about NOT being there

The internal lights were back on in those nuclear plants thanks to the extraordinary efforts of Fukushima 50.
Still very long way to go, those guys are costing their lives and health to save millions.While Tokyo Electric Power Co are getting all the criticisms and blames, people still endure the hardship.One thing I need to correct from the yesterday's news- the dolphin which was saved from a paddy field was in fact a sunameli porpoise and was saved by volunteers who were searching for dogs and cats, not the locals.I found this correct article in today's Independent, not the same Japanese news source which said dolphin.As far as I know they haven't said that they have mistaken(guess not so important).

2 comments:

  1. Your dog is right, your cartoons are about NOT being there. Anyone who watches events in their home country from abroad can understand your reactions and feelings about what you are going through. And you have given me a different perspective to what is going on in Japan. So I hope you keep this up, as long as you feel it worthwhile for you.
    (I met you at the comic workshop at Newington Library, I was sat next to the little boy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anne.Thanks so much for the comments!You wrote me that I give different perspectives to you, and maybe the people who are probably not Japanese or don't have families and friends over there.But your respond like this also gives me a different perspective as well.I feel it is already a bit worth doing.So Thank you again for this...Fumio

    ReplyDelete