1.1.13

2013 - the Year of snake!

2013 is the year of Snake, according to the Chinese Sexagency cyclc.
We simply call it 干支(Eto).Here is my annual illustration for the new year.

1.The sketch

It started off as just a simple doodling at the bottom of the page on which I was working for my Graphic novel.

And re-drawn in the appropriate size.

2.The Inking

As you can see, I still use the dipping pens for MANGA art.The one I use is called G-pen.
And the ti-pecs too.I can never find the ones you can buy here are good enough.I buy lots of these materials when I am back to Japan.

Extra elements-I couldn't help re-drawing these small skaters more than once.Taking a complete advantage, thanks to Photoshop and digital image making.

3.Artwork



I have to say that I made it too much 60's design...Anyway it's yet another new year's image!


A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment