13.5.14

The Comc Book Festival in Bastia, Corsica 3rd - 6th April 2014


Finally I got time to write about my visit to the comic book festival in Bastia, Corsica in the beginning of last month.I went there along with all the brilliant marvels of the UK scene including Glen Baxter,Glyn Dillon, Karrie Fransman, Ian Culbard, the art director of Nobrow press Ben Newman, illustrator Nick White, children's book author Viviane Schwarz.


The UK invasion - Ever more cool looking Ben  on the left and slightly blurry faced Nick, and in the back there are legendary Glen Baxter,Ms talented upcoming
Karrie Fransman, the maestros Glyn and Ian. The guru Paul Gravett is hidden behind but his presence was always so strongly felt.Pity that Viviane stayed in the hotel that night.

 A bunch got together and drove into a drawing session.What a scene and what a flux of talents.
Me and Nick.

Here is my result held by my new friend, one of the organisers June Julien Misserrey and I created  a character based on him. So glad he didn't take it as an offense.Please visit June's blog for further scenery of Bastia

Our space


I'm not sure when we can next get together in this kind of setting again, and for me it was an absolute honour to be exhibited with all those guys, and hopefully our association will continue to grow.

For more gallery pics, please click here







No comments:

Post a Comment